Monday, June 27, 2011

Man vs. Marathon

Getting mentally prepared for marathon training for the next 18 weeks. Do I really have what it takes to drag my 250 lbs carcass across the 42.2 k distance? I think that’s the hardest part. Trust that the training will get you there. Or almost there. My longest run will be far from the 42.2 k distance. It’ll probably be close to 30k, which I’ve done before. Managing the rest of the distance on race day will be a matter of sheer guts and determination. That’s the part that scares me; the unknown country. I know I’m going to be beat down at times and filled with self doubt, and that it’s going to take everything that I have to complete this journey. “Are you willing to put it all on the line…?” This much I do know: I’ve got a great support group, and I refuse to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment